Summer is fast approaching and schools are about to close for the year. With children spending more time indoors, it is always a challenge for parents to keep them engaged. I decided to make a Tic Tac Toe pouch (also called naughts and crosses) from felt and gift it to my daughter for her summer holidays.
This is a cute little toy for children that you can quickly and easily make with the things you have at home. This is lightweight and is in a form of a pouch (which can hold all the naughts and crosses or coins for the game) and is just perfect for road trips.
Things needed for the project
Felt – any two contrasting colours
Contrasting colour Thread
Quilling paper for making the coins
How to make
1. Take one piece of felt – cut it into 30 cms x 15 cms. Then mark 12.5 cms twice and 5 cms. As shown in the picture below and fold in the markings.
2. Take the other felt colour (yellow in my case) and cut it into thin strips ( 2 sets). Leave the 12.5 cms on the bottom and sew the yellow lines on the 12.5 cms bit in the middle. Now this forms the base board for the project.
3. Now fold the felt into a pouch (leaving the 5 cms bit) and sew the edges (both the edges) of the big felt into a pouch. Take care that the 5 cms flap does not get sewed.
4. Turn the felt pouch and sew a button on the pouch. On the flap, make a tiny slit for the button to hold the flap.
5. Now you can make coins / naughts or crosses for your felt board. I used 2 different sets of quilling paper and rolled them into a circle. each player gets a colour each.
This is super quick and a very easy project to make for your child. This felt Tic Tac Toe pouch also serves as a great return gift for young kids.
Enjoy your summer and have fun. Do write to me about your experiences of playing / making this super cool version of Tic Tac Toe.